Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wall Mounted Unicorn Head tutorial video

 

So a while back I decided to make a wall mounted cake for my daughter's birthday party.

Y'know like you do. Y'all completely know how it is.

Well embarrassingly I videoed myself making it - first go, no do overs and this you tube video below is the result.


Yup pretty much it took me nearly 6 months to put it up as, I think I was on a sugar high while I recorded it, and then a sugar low, and then another high.

Oh yeah whoever it is out there leaving messages on Youtube that they don't like my voice, seriously this is how I talk, I'm from Australia, you should hear me say G'day :)



Anyhoo, so as well as the video I thought I would tell the story of the cake which only exists because my brother helped me out. He is always happy to help me out with crazy idea's and one day I messaged him the following:

'Hi I have a super crazy cake idea that will need a structural engineer or maybe you to help me out for 'Sweet's' birthday do you have a little time?'

To which I received the answer 'Sure. When?'

I followed up with a number of very confusing messages and the following picture.


Yup, this happened. I sent a picture of Pinky Pie 
in front of a frame to try and explain what I wanted.

And yet still he came over and worked out the following support structure for my unicorn head cake.
 

That's actually not a mirror it's some type of contact like sticky stuff. The gold frame is a plasticy frame from Ikea spray painted gold.

I didn't get a chance to take many process shots like I usually do but if you check out the video I go into all the detail of the hair, horn, eyes, etc.

 

If you love this cake pop over and see my Unicorn Cookies - I have a full free step by step picture tutorial HERE plus a link to the you tube how to.


For more pictures of the actual party click HERE for the full 'I believe in Magic" party post.


Linda Vandermeer is strangely obsessed with unicorns, a blogger, baker, maker and author of the cookbook ' Sweets on a Stick': More than 150 kid friendly recipes for cakes, candies, cookies and pies on the go!. Published in the US the book is available at most online book stores.

Original Ideas, photography and recipes by Linda Vandermeer do not reuse without permission. 


4 comments:

  1. Me has dejado con la boca abierta! Es increible las cosas que haces! Felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your video and I LOVE your voice! This is one incredible cake...oops I mean Unicorn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, As I said before, this cake is incredible!!! You are adorable on your video, and I love your accent (voice)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Video is very amazing. I love It..

    -----------------
    HDMI Cables in USA

    ReplyDelete