Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sneak Peek - Lollipop and Candy Christmas Tree Cake


Introducing my Candy Inspired 3D Christmas Tree Cake.

I'm supposed to be baking delicious cookies for my demonstration class on Saturday........but I couldn't help but make time to whip up this Lollipop and candy inspired Christmas Tree when someone mentioned that there was only 6 weeks to go until Christmas day.

Is that true - Eeeek! Well I didn't check I just panicked and designed my Christmas cake for this year.


Anyhoo - the cake is a gluten free cranberry cake with candy inspired decoration made with fondant and then decorated with light green sixlets.

If you want the DIY instructions on how to make this cake make sure you subscribe (for free) to this blog by entering your details over there in the top right hand corner so you don't miss out when I post.......or y'know just keep checking back. It'll be soon, maybe Sunday night.


If this red candy inspired cake is not to your taste, you can always check out my Christmas Cake from last year - the ruffled Anti Fruit cake. If you are looking for the tutorial and instructions for last years ruffle cake CLICK HERE 



Oh well, now I have my Christmas cake sorted out for this year. I can focus on baking those cookies for the demonstration on Saturday, which by the way still has a couple of spots left I think.

It's on the 17th of November as part of Hands on Brisbane. I will be demonstration how I roll out the cookie dough, how I get an even finish and then decorate a range of cookies from elegant snowflakes to cute babushka snowmen and penguins. The demonstrations are very interactive and limited to 15 people so you can feel free to ask me as many questions about cookies or blogging that you would like. The sessions are on from 10:30am to 12:30 at the Bleeding Heart Cafe Brisbane and are $30. Tickets are available HERE. If you have difficulty booking pop me an email or facebook message me.



Linda Vandermeer is a mum, blogger and author of Sweets on a Stick: More than 150 Kid Friendly recipes for cakes, candies, cookies and pies on the go. You can pick it up at all good online book shops including these shops:



Or here at fishpond (Aus/NZ)

Sweets on a Stick: More Than 150 Kid-Friendly Recipes for Cakes, Candies, Cookies, and Pies on the Go!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my word - that is a structural engineers dream cake! Love the snowman cookie too ... I have such a soft spot for snowmen ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous cake for Christmas, I though last years one was amazing and this one is just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas Cake!!! And cookies are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous! I thought of Willy Wonka as soon as I saw it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with this cake! Oh, how I wish I could have gone to your cookie class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cranberry cake...YUM! And such cute candy decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE this cake! Great design idea, its so Christmasy!

    ReplyDelete