Thursday, June 28, 2012

Macaron Cake Pops - Bite sized Best of Both


Oh!

Hello there Mr Macaron, that's mighty handy you found your way up onto that cake pop.

'Cause sometimes I just can't decide.

Cake pop or Macaron.....Macaron or Cake pop. Certain people might think it's not polite to take both.


Why you sweet little thing. You've solved all my problems and you come on a handy stick as well.

A bite sized best of both worlds. An insy tasty cake macpop....hmmm that name doesn't sound right, it might need a little work..

But you my little capopoon don't need any work at all.


Macaron Cake pops were made using the Strawberry cake recipe from Sweets on a Stick by Linda Vandermeer (yes that is me). But you can use which ever cake pop recipe you like.

Sweets on a Stick is available from most online book stores including Amazon:


Or here at fishpond (Aus/NZ)

Sweets on a Stick: More Than 150 Kid-Friendly Recipes for Cakes, Candies, Cookies, and Pies on the Go!

Macaron recipe can be found by clicking HERE from the Bubble and Sweet Blog. I made them pink, small and filled with raspberry flavored ganache.

For the chocolate coating you can buy ready colored Wilton type candy Melts but for these ones in the pictures I colored my own Nestle White Chocolate Melts using gel food color and flo-coat. You MUST use flo-coat or a similar product if you are using water based food color otherwise the chocolate will become thick and you will not be able to dip properly or achieve pretty smooth pops. I mixed a ratio of 1 part food color to 5 parts flo-coat, mixed together and then added to the already melted chocolate. Note that oil based food color that is suitable for coloring chocolate does not need any flo-coat.


I always add copha to my nestle white chocolate melts at a ratio of approx 1:10 (1 part copha to 10 parts chocolate) when I use Wilton candy melts I use a ratio of 1:7 (1 part copha or paramount crystal to 7 parts candy melts).

To assemble pops roll cake pop mixture into balls. Melt chocolate, insert sticks, chill, dip whole pop into chocolate, pop into a stand to set upright and before the chocolate has a chance to set attach the macaron holding in place until it is secure.

Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days.
 

7 comments:

  1. okay, this looks amazing. two of my favorite things, macarons and cake, together in one treat! i want one now!!
    xoamy
    www.cupcakesncouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best of both worlds. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Una combinación excelente y unas fotos absolutamente espectaculares. Felicidades!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very sweet ideas in one. This creation is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! can imagine sinking me teeth into them already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your website is so yummy and sweet ! Love the cake pops, I am jealous, I don't manage to make them myself :S

    ReplyDelete